After a successful cooperation for a couple of years already with the shallow draft AHT “Meander”, owned by Rederij Driemast BV, Landfall Marine Contractors BV and Meander vof now also started the cooperation in employing the inland (pusher) tug “Harmonie” owned by Meander vof.
Especially in combination with the flattop barges within the Landfall fleet both companies look forward to another fruitful and pleasant cooperation in the years to come.
In order to be able to make the vessel ready for the years to come captain/Owner Jan-Marten Mastenbroek, who is also owner of Rederij Driemast bv, performed a major refit on the pusher-tug “Harmonie”.
After a long preparation owners decided to equip the Harmonie with a brand new engine and combine this with a major refit. The old 500HP Stork BRO 218, which fulfilled her duty for at least 53 loyal years, is replaced by a brand new and even stronger 810HP Mitsubishi S6R.
During the engine exchange in drydock, the owner took this opportunity to renew the greater part of the hull plating, the fuel oil tanks, lots of piping, etc.
The refit took a few weeks, but the end result is amazing!
To give an idea of the refit, the following repairs are successfully finalized:
- New main engine: Mitsubishi S6R of 810HP with box cooler
- Replaced the entire hull plating around the engine room, from the starboard side till portside and from fwd. bulkhead till aft. bulkhead.
- The free space under the engine is rebuild to ballast tank.
- Created some extra fuel oil tanks. The Harmonie is now able to supply fuel oil (total capacity 20.000 liters).
- Installed a new bow thruster.
- Installed new steering gear and new steering gear pumps.
- Installation of two new stainless steel fresh water tanks. The Harmonie is now able to supply fresh water (total capacity 4.500 liters).
- Installed a new deck wash pump.
- Overhauled the 22 kVA Auxiliary engine.
- Coupling winches hydraulically driven.
- Installation of a new water-cooled Mitsubishi auxiliary (17 kVA) in aft. peak.
- Deckhouse renewed with watertight hatches and doors.
- Hydro jetting (2500 bar pressure) the skin, deck and bulwark.
- Installation of a GPS compass
- Installation of a new ECDIS system (electronic charts)
- Installation of a brand new nozzle
On the 15th of November the trial was successfully performed. The Harmonie is fully certified for Dutch and German inland- and coastal waters. Despite of the original year of build (1922), every single detail on board has been replaced or renewed in the past few years. This state of the art Dutch masterpiece deserves a new year of build: 2016!
“Harmonie” is prompt available and for any inquiries Landfall or Rederij Driemast can be contacted.
We would like to give our special thanks to all parties involved (Neptune Marine, PC Kamp scheeps- en konstructiewerken, Koedood dieselservice, Asto, Technisch Bureau Berkouwer, SWB, Clean, Multi Diesel Service, Strijbis Diesel Engine Service and Jelmer Valk agregaten) which have made this major refit to a successful and fantastic end result.